Saturday, January 18, 2014

"Mini-Sagas"



Introduction

I did an exercise in which I was to make two mini-sagas. A mini-saga is a short story being no more or less than 50 words in length has a story arc and is non-autobiographical. I have a lot of fun writing prose and short stories and as a writer who prefers a book to be full and pages to be crammed; this was a challenge for me. I have my two pieces below.





Quixotic by Richard Morrissette

She reads with insatiable desire to live, drinking the knowledge- knights and battles- within her walls of books and stone. It’s safe there, the armor she wears rusting away when she leaves. But always she is left to decide, which the real world really is, when crossing the doorway’s threshold.


Big Business by Richard Morrissette

Joel discovered himself, like all virtuous men, in New York, big business. There he joined the church of suit and tie, became the priest of prodigality. His boss’s office suited him perfectly, and yet when he looked out his window, he still saw only a world of glass and stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment